The University of Exeter is maintaining its academic standing by providing extraordinary learning opportunities, research facilities, and several scholarship programs.
English Langauge Requirements of University of Exeter:
The University of Exeter accepts IELTS, Pearsons, or TOEFL tests with admission/scholarship applications. All the courses and classes get conducted in the English language at the University of Exeter. Those who do not have command over the English language must submit the English language proficiency certificate.
Also, the candidate can take admission into the short courses available at the INTO University of Exeter Centre before applying for admission to this prestigious institution.
Admission Acceptance Rate of University of Exeter is 87.5%
Getting admission into the University of Exeter is not complicated as the acceptance rate is approximately 87.5%. However, the admissions will be given based on the academic performance and admission application.
Admission Application fees of the University of Exeter is GBP 20-25
Scholarships Offered by the University Of Exeter:
Such an outstanding university in the UK offers various partially funded scholarships for the session of 2022-2023 to international candidates studying at Undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degree levels.
#1 Global Excellence Scholarships:
Through this University of Exeter scholarship program, students enrolled either in the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the University of Exeter will get a chance to polish their academic skills and talents. Other than this, the selected candidates will also participate in thriving the community of students.
Scholarship value: £10,000 and £5,000 (for initial year) / full tuition free education.
Scholarship Duration: 1 year.
Bachelor’s in the field of; Business, Physical and Life sciences, Humanity, and Health-associated programs.
Master’s degree in the field of; Business & Engineering, Life sciences, Medicine & Health, and Humanities.
Meanwhile, the selection of a candidate depends upon academic excellence, future goals, and how well the candidate can serve the University of Exeter and its community.
#2 International Foundation Progression Scholarships:
It is a scholarship for all the undergraduate self-funded scholars by the International Funding program.
Scholarship Value: £5,000 (for first-year tuition fee).
- If a candidate has achieved 70% marks in the final academic year.
- Candidates with a 65% in English modules.
- All such candidates who comply with the above requirements and choose the University of Exeter as their primary choice on UCAS application are eligible.
On the other hand, as the name of this scholarship indicates, the self-funded candidates with high academic grades will automatically receive this scholarship for their International Foundation program.
That means, for such a scholarship, there is no need for any specific application process.
#3 University of Exeter Progression Scholarships:
Such scholarship is available for the Masters and Research Doctoral Degree.
- There is a 10% deduction from the tuition fees of the first year.
- It is a scholarship for all the local and international alumni students who love to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. degree at the University of Exeter.
- Candidates with an undergrad or postgrad degree from the University of Exeter are eligible for it.
- Candidates who have completed their inbound abroad study year from the University of Exeter.
- There is no need to submit a separate application for this scholarship. The candidates will automatically get considered for this program if they have enrolled in the postgraduate program.
- However, the application for postgraduate courses will get submitted separately.
#4 Academic Excellence Scholarships:
That is a scholarship offered by the University of Exeter for international candidates. Candidates with academic and extracurricular excellence can avail this opportunity and apply for this outclass funding scheme.
Level of Study: Master’s degree
Scholarship value: Up to £6,000
- The candidate enrolled in the MBA program is eligible.
- However, the interested candidates must have a 600-700 GMAT score. Also, the candidate must be an international citizen.
- Candidates from all over the world can apply for this scholarship.
Application Process includes:
- While applying for this scholarship, the candidate must enroll in the MBA degree program.
- Some supporting documents like passport copy and undergrad degree copy, etc are necessary to submit with the application.
#5 Commonwealth Shared Scholarships:
It is a joint scholarship offered by the University of Exeter and (FCDO) known as the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Developing Office. All the students from commonwealth developing countries are eligible for this scholarship.
However, the list of eligible courses is available to select the subject. This scholarship serves many benefits to the selected students in terms of tuition fee waiver, living costs, etc.
#6 Great Scholarships:
The University of Exeter is all set to welcome the students from the below-listed countries for the GREAT scholarship program. It is a collaboration of the British Council and the Great Britain Campaign.
Students from these countries can apply for this British scholarship;
Level of Study: Postgraduate courses
Here the students can enroll in the postgraduate program and avail the £10,000 for tuition fee support for one year of the study.
#7 CSM Trust Geology Scholarships:
The candidates who choose BSc in Geology program or MSci can apply for this scholarship. The scholarship value for the selected candidate is £6000. Students, either international or, local can enjoy the learning experience at top-class geoscience departments and mining schools.
For the Application Process;
- The candidate is obliged to submit a motivation letter (not more than 500 words).
#8 Choral Scholarships:
The Choral scholarship is a different one from the others. The University of Exeter with the Exeter Cathedral and three different local churches are giving these scholarships. The value of scholarship depends upon the Choral, the churches, and weekly assigned duties to the students.
However, the list of churches which the candidates can join are;
- Exeter Cathedral
- The Church of St. Michael and All Angels
- St. Peter’s Parish Church
- Crediton Parish Church
#9 Exeter Sports Scholarships:
All the athletes enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree can apply for the sports scholarship. But for this, they have to show proof of representing their country at the national or international level.
Scholarship value depends upon;
- Type of sport
- Achievements & potentials of the athlete.
- The club to which the athlete belongs.
There are three kinds of scholarship awards for the interested candidates at University of Exeter;
- Sports Scholarship.
- Sports Performance Bursary.
- Partnership Bursary.
Steps to Apply for Scholarships at the University of Exeter:
- A student cannot directly apply for the scholarships at this university. There are some procedures and protocols that one has to follow.
- First, the interested candidates will get enrolled in any degree program of their choice. Once they get the admission offer letter from the specific degree program department, it is time to look forward to the visa procedure.
- Along with this, candidates also have to fulfill the English Language Proficiency certificate requirements.
- Once the candidate has obtained all the above-listed things, now the candidate is eligible to apply for the scholarships.
- For merit-based scholarships, academic transcripts and athletic activities records must get submitted. Along with these, Scholarship CV and personal statement should also get submitted.